Our Inverters are used to convert DC power to AC power. This is essential on a locomotive to power systems such as lights, computers, kettles, hotplates or a typical microwave oven. Anything that is built for standard AC power can be made operational using an ARE Inverter.
ARE’s inverter is light weight, robust, compact and maintenance free. ARE can also design motor start inverters for brake and air conditioner compressors.
Advanced Rail Electronics’ compact and light-weight designs allow system integrators and manufacturers to optimise the available space within a locomotive. Our products operate at high switching frequencies which avoid bulky transformers and capacitors.
Our designs also pay special attention to the rough environments and high operating temperatures experienced by railway products worldwide. We are experienced with designing for shock and vibration and EMC. We know each locomotive system is unique and must have its own optimized solution.
- Input Voltage: 72VDC nominal (60V-85V)
- Output Voltage: 220VAC/230VAC/240VAC
- Output Frequency: 50 Hz or 60 Hz
- Output waveform: Sinusoid
- Weight Approximately 18 kg
Projects Using These Product
- Hamersley Iron, GE locomotives
- Pacific National NR locomotives
- Fortescue Metals Group, GE locomotives
- Yarra Trams
- MTR Hong Kong Converter Sets for Maintenance Wagons